Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Teaching Myself Maya....



I've been doing some research, and it appears that a certain facility in Autodesk Maya is important in the entertainment design field. So I downloaded a trial version and have been watching tutorial videos on Youtube narrated by a delightful British fellow. That's Stephanie's computer on the left, running the tutorials, and mine on the right, running Maya. In between is a huge container of black pepper, because my "office" is also our dining room table.

I took a 3D modeling class way back when I was still an Industrial Design major, and it while it wasn't Maya, the interface was pretty similar. So the experience so far has been sort of like returning to the home of someone I wasn't really friends with and seeing that they've bought all new furniture.

I'm tagging this "3D Modeling", and in the coming days and weeks I'll be posting the sad, mangled models I can scrounge together, hopefully followed by some models that look at least a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment