Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Power Rangers and Excuses

I've been trying to do more group activities, like the Character of the Week and Industrial Design of the Week at Conceptart.org and the Character Forge at CGHub.com. I haven't been particularly successful, hence the title of this post. In my defense, the last month has pretty much been taken up by moving from Seattle back the Bay, and then getting the apartment into non-box-fortress shape, but still: I should have been painting and creating and writing.

Anyway, the last topic on CGHub was Steampunk Power Ranger. I got pretty far along before I ran out of time.






I like where the piece was heading, and I have all sorts of reference for the cracked leather and the steel and brass gears and stuff. But with the deadline gone, I don't think I'll ever get around to finishing it. There are simply too many other projects I'm more excited to do. Although looking at this guy now, I might just chop off the legs and do something with the upper body, because that gear and pulley on the shoulder turned out reeeeeeaaalll nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment